Vaucluse Project - Acting for Seller
The owner engaged us to assist with the sale of his home in Vaucluse (pictured).
He lacked the knowledge, experience and contacts to:
- handle the sale, or
- manage the refurbishment the property.
Nor did he have the time to handle such matters.
We were engaged to assist with the following:
Selection of estate agent
- Prepared a shortlist of potential agents for consideration by the client.
- Met with the client and the preferred agent.
- Negotiated the terms of the agency agreement with the agent.
- Discussed and agreed upon the sales campaign with the agent.
Refurbishment of the property
- Identified all work to be undertaken for the purposes of the sale.
- Prepared a budget and managed all payments to contractors and service providers through our trust account.
- Project-managed the refurbishment of the interior – including rubbish removal, painting, new carpeting, electrical, plumbing, general repairs and maintenance, general cleaning, window cleaning, etc.
- Project-managed the renewal of the landscaping – including new grass, new plants, new vertical garden, painting existing decking, etc
- Arranged for the staging of the property.
- Reviewed marketing material and recommended changes as required.
- Liaised with the agent throughout the sale campaign.
- Kept client up to date on the sale campaign.
- Prepared the contract for sale.
- Facilitated exchange with the successful buyer.
- Handled all legal work on the vendor’s behalf, through to settlement.
We project-managed the process, and acted as the contact point for the owner in all cases.
The process went smoothly, from start to finish. The refurbishment was completed on time and under budget, and to a very high standard - in the middle of the COVID19 crisis.
The owner secured a sale price well above expectations.
Exchange took place less than 3 weeks into the campaign, well prior to the scheduled auction date.